Seerah Today is a charitable platform working to build bridges between different communities locally, nationally and internationally. We began our journey providing emergency food parcels at the beginning of the pandemic.
If you support our objectives and would like to contribute in anyway we would love to hear from you! firstname.lastname@example.org
What do we do locally?
- Inaya@SeerahToday (Please note this is no longer functioning; please email email@example.com for more information) works to help Muslim women who endure intimate domestic violence. We work closely with the police and provide a service aimed to help provide a non-judgemental ‘friend’ who understands the process that is likely to take place and the support that is available after an allegation has been made.
2. We are involved in interfaith and diversity work and discussions to try to help discuss more ways to help develop and build bridges between communities especially in relation to the Muslim community.
What do we do nationally?
- We provide assistance for young people who are struggling with growing up as Muslims in a secular environment. We do this through the free webpages ShamsST. ShamsST is a forum useful for Muslim parents and teens.
2. We support Tazkiyah Academy which is an online madrassa for children. The lessons are developed with a view to settle the internal conflicts experienced by many young Muslims who grow up in the UK. The lessons focus on inspiring the heart and are developed using, in part, the Al Ghazali Children publications.
3. We develop educational resources for mainstream schools including worksheets and short clip videos. Please visit our YouTube channel and subscribe (Seerah Today.)
4. We publish books to help younger Muslims understand being Muslim in a secular context. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for your copy (£7.99 + postage.)
What do we do internationally
In addition to seasonal fundraising for various projects we support initiatives running around the world in their endeavour to relieve poverty. Please see our ‘Seerah Today Supports’ pages for more information.
2. Seasonal Qurbani across Pakistan.
3. Feeding and clothing the poor across Kashmir and Pakistan. We do occasional callouts for assistance and clothes particularly during Ramadan and during emergencies.
4. Weekly Thursday zikrs conducted by Shaykh Tahir Jilani via zoom. Please email email@example.com for the zoom code.
5. Monthly educational lectures by Shaykh Shamshudin Qadriyyah.
How can you help?
We are always seeking regular donations to aid our work generally and specifically. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to donate.
If you would like to volunteer we have casual opportunities available in Inaya@ST and in fundraising and marketing. Pease email@example.com if you are interested.